Cricket Blast captures the colour and excitement of the Men's and Women's Big Bash League in a fun and fast format.
After learning all the basic skills in Junior Blasters, Master Blasters allows kids to experience modified games of cricket using lighter equipment in a format that is fast paced with equal participation. The program was developed to ensure junior cricketers can progress with confidence to Stage 1 Junior Formats.
The program is much shorter than traditional cricket, with a maximum of 90 minutes playing time. All the equipment is supplied and the games take place at the same venue each week, at a local cricket club or community centre.
Why parents love Master Blasters
- Kids have fun and are active whilst developing fundamental movement skills
- Each child develops important social skills including teamwork and how to be a good sport
- The program is shorter than traditional cricket
- Safe format and environment
- No need to buy equipment
- Smaller fields allow kids to learn and develop, and parents to get closer to the action
- Boys and girls can play together and are guaranteed equal participation
- 90 minutes of family time with your child
- Special offers from Big Bash teams
Why kids love Master Blasters
Fun, fast and always active
- Maximum participation for boys and girls of all abilities and everyone gets an equal turn
- Kids develop the skills to play real games of cricket
- Numerous participants creates an enjoyable atmosphere
- Opportunity to participate in an on-ground activation at Big Bash matches
- Can play the same fantastic format they enjoy in Cricket Blast School Cup
The Master Blaster program is designed for parents to get involved and spend some quality time with their child progressing their cricket skills. Parent involvement is a huge determinant of participant enjoyment, skill progression and achievement. The ‘Blast Crew’ has been developed to provide clarity and options for parents and volunteers to get involved.
The Blast Crew are parents and volunteers who help at a Master Blasters program. The Blast Crew is designed to provide options for parents and volunteers to help as little or as much as they would like.
- Blast Coach - Duties include; managing a Blast Team and facilitating a game of Master Blaster. Full support is provided
- Blast Crew – Duties include: General team helper, possible scorer, help participants practice their cricket skills etc.
You will be asked in the registration process if you would like to take on a role within the Blast Crew
To check out all the colour and action of Cricket Blast visit our Instagram page @CricketKids
To learn fun Backyard Skills with the Aussie Team that you can try with your child at home, visit our Cricket Kids Youtube page! You’ll also find fun stories filled with quizzes and fun facts about the players and the game.